WHAT IS PERCEIVAL?

Hey there! Thanks for checking out my project!

My name's Eff Gwazdor. I'm the artist and creator of this blog. I'm here to tell you what it's all about.

"Perceival" is an art project including the "WHAT IS IT ???" videos found here and some paintings (below) that I'll be showing in NY this September.

w_("o")_w ---"What am I supposed to do here?"

Good question! Watch the videos, look at the animated symbols, and then post a comment: "WHAT IS IT ???"

There are no right or wrong answers - I'm trying to collect your opinions. Your answer might be very strait-forward or maybe a little crazy. Maybe it's quite short, maybe it goes on and on and on. ANYTHING OK! Just make sure to be true to your own ideas.

In fact, I consider your comments to be more important to the meaning than the images themselves. I am never going to express my opinion on the matter, so your interpretation will never be contradicted.

You might think this is too simple to be called "art." But simplicity can be revealing. This project asks a lot of questions. How do symbols work? What is meaning? Fantasy? Interpretation? Communication?

But don't worry about those questions. Just tell me: "WHAT IS IT ???"

m(_ _)m

I know writing can be tough - thanks for all your time and effort!

If you want to read more about the ideas behind this project, click here!

BTW - All the contents of these videos are copyleft - which basically means that it's OK to copy them, use them, remix them, etc. as long as you don't sell them, and you've got to let me know and give me credit. They are all available for download.

*download Perceival Theme
*download Gwazdor Theme


These are some of the paintings from the Perceival series. They're a lot like the animations, but not as detailed. Oh, and they don't move...





Click on image to enlarge.

XXX 000 XXX

-f


No comments: